Transits – Saturn conjunct Ascendant

lizzatori - Saturn conjunct AscThe Ascendant is the lens through which you view life so when Saturn arrives here, it’s like he’s brought up close and personal for your viewing! As one of the major angles of the chart, any planetary movements here tend to be experienced in a very immediate and personal way.

This transit marks the beginning of a new cycle and can be one of the most important periods of your life as you begin to examine what Saturn has taught you so far. As the planet of duty, responsibility, obligation and self-mastery you are moving into a period of maturation. Saturn crossing the Ascendant starts a 7 year period of inner reflection where you begin to build up your strength and endurance for things to come. Once Saturn reaches the cusp of the 4th house, what you learn during this period can start to be made manifest in the outside world.

Saturn on the Ascendant can feel heavy. You may feel weighed down by problems. Maybe your boss has dumped a load of extra responsibilities on your shoulders or perhaps issues with your partner arise where you feel like you are having to put in a lot more effort. Occasionally Saturn can remove relationships that are more trouble than they are worth. Saturn will show you where your time is best spent.

In the birth chart, Saturn indicates where you feel insecure; where you doubt yourself and the nature of your fears. As Saturn is now staring right into your eyes, there’s no denying your fears and inhibitions. Like everything else, these too must be examined and faced head on. Saturn knows that in order to do what you need to do, it’s necessary to shed self-imposed limitations. Saturn will show you where your limits are. Often there can be a feeling of ‘I’m not ready for this‘ and that’s exactly the point. Saturn shouts “coming ready or not” except it isn’t a game any more. It’s real. Saturn says “I know you’re not ready. I’m here to help“. Let him.

You may feel more aware of how you appear to others. You may become more critical of how you look, how you dress. You want people to take you seriously. Sometimes, if weight has been a issue, Saturn crossing the Ascendant can trigger the desire to lose weight, get fit and strengthen oneself to the core. The caution is not to be too hard on yourself. Whilst Saturn demands self-discipline in all respects, using his influence to beat yourself over the head with a big stick won’t get the job done. It’s about becoming aware of the negative voice in your head, the ‘shoulds’ and the ‘coulds’ and doing something positive about them. ‘Must try harder’ may be an incessant background track. Saturn is the teacher that knows you can do better when you hand in your scruffy homework. You don’t need to be afraid of Saturn here. It’s about acknowledging where you can do better – and doing it.

Unfinished business can also be a theme of this transit. Instead of starting something new, Saturn requests that you finish what you already begun. Tie up lose ends or let it go for good. Look at what has been neglected and needs attention. It’s the perfect time to take a look at what you have achieved so far and what you would still like to achieve. The difficulty may be that you think you can’t do it. Saturn will show you that you can – but patience and perseverance are required.

A conservative approach now is what works best. It’s about taking your time, following the rules and sometimes taking advice from elders or authority figures. To build the authority in yourself, there is a need to be open to learning from others. Common sense prevails.

You may feel more restricted now. Your world view may feel smaller. You may even find yourself grumbling about the state of the world! There is less freedom of movement than before because Saturn is trying to show you what needs to be done. In some case, the restriction of movement can become literal with health problems. This is more likely if other transits and natal patterns indicate it. Generally though, you may experience a lowered sense of vitality, a depression of energy or even just depression. The trick is to face any problems promptly and not allow yourself to wallow. Saturn requires that you do the work whether you feel like it or not. That said, ‘doing the work’ may simply be about learning to treat your body better and giving it the respect it deserves.

Some may feel more alone at this time. There can be a tendency to cut off with Saturn conjunct the Ascendant. This may be necessary due to life commitments but sometimes it can be simply be because you’re not feeling in a sociable mood. It may be that you need to learn to enjoy your own company. Take care however that you don’t build a wall between yourself and others. Whilst isolation can help you learn to stand on your own two feet, self-imposed isolation because you feel down, out and fed-up will only make matters worse. Make a little time for the people who are important to you.

Saturn conjunct the Ascendant can be summed up in the phrase ‘get it together’. It may feel like an uphill climb but the view from the top will be worth it. Saturn conjunct the Ascendant is about taking the first step. For clues as to how this transit may manifest, look to the position of your natal Saturn and the house ruled by Capricorn as these area of the chart will normally be triggered by this transit. Planetary helpers are indicated by any planets trine or sextile to natal Saturn. Using these aspect may help to channel some of the weight of Saturn and provide light at the end of the tunnel.

What did you experience during Saturn conjunct the Ascendant? Share your thoughts in the comments below. If you are currently undergoing this transit and are in need of some guidance, I provide readings by email as well as consultations by Skype or Instant Messenger here

Painting ‘Lizzatori’ by John Singer Sargent

53 comments for “Transits – Saturn conjunct Ascendant

1. Artemis
    June 8, 2014 at 7:05 pm

When Saturn conjuncted my Ascendant, I left home to study abroad. It was a difficult move. I applied for a scholarship to get the necessary funding and for reasons I still can’t fathom, it was an uphill struggle admin-wise. I had to fight every step of the way with malicious bureaucrats to get my application accepted and had to call the admin people personally every single day for information, as they seemed dead-bent on being unhelpful. It was incredible. Once I was in though, actual decision-makers were quite helpful and I got my scholarship. I guess Saturn got stern fingers waived at him from Pluto conjunct Jupiter in my 8th house. By the time the school year started Jupiter was comfortable in my 9th house and tensions eased. The systematic, bulldog-like, trust-no-one-check-everything attitude I needed to get through those times has served me well ever since.

2. June 8, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Hi Artemis/Laura :-) Thanks for sharing your experience. Gosh you certainly had a trial there with bureaucracy! I admire your sheer determination and I’m glad that Saturn left something so valuable behind for you after his visit.

3. Laura
    June 9, 2014 at 8:23 am

Yeah … not sure why I used that nick! But I love that goddess 😀
    Saturn left a valuable gift but he also took something – a bit of my “joie de vivre”, of the happy-go-lucky attitude. I am a lot more serious now, anticipating obstacles where none materialize. It is more realistic, less fun, even when it’s unwarranted. I hate that!
    The more we advance towards Saturn turning direct again I feel a mix of fear and anticipation in my stomach because Saturn will for the third time oppose my natal Mars before leaving that area of Scorpio for good. And I can’t help wondering – what was the REAL lesson? Have I learned it? Next time this happens I’ll be a lot older, a lot less flexible – what if I haven’t learned my lesson? And if I have – what was it for and when will it come in useful again? Because that won’t be fun! Will there ever be fun again? Life is supposed to be balanced.

4. Lisa
    September 27, 2014 at 11:03 am

Sarurn is crossing my Asc right now, I’m struggling with my health & fears regarding my health. Im a scorpio rising & this whole saturn in scorpio has been heavy on me. Been so fearful & developed Generalized Anxiety, is that part of Saturn in Scorpio? Also will all the calms down once Saturn moves across the Asc into the first house?

5. September 27, 2014 at 11:18 am

Hi Lisa – I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing health problems. Saturn entering into the first house can sometimes manifest like this. It tends to be ‘heaviest’ when crossing the Ascendant. Once it has moved about 3 degrees on from there, the influence starts to ebb. But Saturn here can also help you to face the roots of your fears and anxieties. Don’t forget he is strength and mastery. Seeking the help of someone older and wiser (like a counsellor or therapist) may help to guide you through this if you haven’t got someone already supporting you.

6. Lisa
    September 28, 2014 at 10:24 am

Hi Leah,

Thanks for your reply. Can Saturn in Scorpio traveling through 12th house cause health problems and feeling completely stuck in all areas of life? My Zodiac sign is Scorpio. Doctors cant find anything wrong but I’m having many different mysterious symptoms.

7. September 28, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Hi Lisa – Yes Saturn is stirring your unconscious mind when in the 12th. If doctors have definitely ruled about physical problems, symptoms may stem from psychological issues. Feeling stuck is a common Saturn feeling. It would also depend on what else is going on in your chart and the natal potential. If you would like to look at this further, I do offer readings here

8. Lisa
    September 29, 2014 at 4:05 am

Hi Leah,

Thanks for your reply. I’m just hoping it all settles down when in the 1st house but heard that the 1st house relates to health so I’m scared if it’ll get worse, not sure I can handle another 2 years. Since this whole Saturn thing my Finances have been really low, had to leave my job. not sure if you offer a one question reading?

9. September 29, 2014 at 9:48 am

Hi Lisa – I offer single question readings here I focus more on the spiritual patterns in astrology, looking for guidance as to how to use the energies at play and what may be causing blocks. However, if it is more a health specific reading you would be looking for, I would also recommend an astrologer friend of mine Stephanie Gailing who is a wellness consultant as well as an astrologer

10. Lisa
    September 29, 2014 at 7:39 pm

I dont have a health specific question just generally could what im going through be planetary & if so what is it that Im not learning?

I will check out your services & hope to get a reading soon. I’ve been to many people seeking answers but never to an western astrologer.

I did get Vedic astrology but they dont tell the solutions they kinda said I’ll be full of anxiety or mental distress till 2017. Never told me what could the moon be wanting me to learn or release etc.

11. September 30, 2014 at 10:29 am

Hi Lisa
    I understand. And yes, sometimes planetary action can trigger things on a very deep level. But for every negative manifestation there are also positive ways of working with those energies too.

12. October 6, 2014 at 4:29 pm

It’s downright chilling how accurate you are. I have Saturn in 1st house (Sag Asc). As you can imagine, life from the get go threw everything but the kitchen sink at me, but I’m still standing 26 years later. I both fear and welcome my Saturn Return, really anxious waiting for it.

13. October 6, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Hi Devon, thanks for reading. Glad to hear you are still standing! Whilst Saturn may throw some further tests at the return, your natural endurance should help you to see the rewards of those tests. No need to fear. You have strength on your side.

14. Sasha
    October 20, 2014 at 2:25 pm

I was looking back at the last years to figure out why life was so hard for me when Saturn was on my ascendant (Virgo). I also have natal Saturn in Virgo (so, Saturn conjunct my ascendent), which I think intensified how tough this was for me and makes me grateful to realize this may well have been one of the toughest transits of my life! I was physically very ill and couldn’t find the cause (later found black mold in my house, much healthier now), was emotionally abused in my marriage, just no strength and like there were barriers at every turn. I feel like I cried two years straight! Once Saturn moved to Libra, things were tough but I had more strength: ended my marriage, stood up for myself, scratched and kicked my way back to self-sufficiency. I’m so glad that’s over!

15. Anibose
    October 24, 2014 at 10:03 am

Saturn 6 deg 45 min in my natal ascendant 7 deg 16 min Scorpio has constricted life since September 2012. Slogging without rewards was expected. But now at its last phase looks all is in vain except for some creations which have not yielded any rewards. No light even accepting the darkness.

16. Richard F Lacey
    December 25, 2014 at 6:05 am

I had been ignoring a shortness of breath for over a year when climbing stairs, ladders, or doing heavy physical work. Then I had to move or face an eviction, put my cat down, and find a new place to live. I found a new place, moved, and then had a heart attack. I drove myself to the hospital and a stent was installed in my heart valve. I then suffered a serious bout with pneumonia and almost died but, obviously lived. The conjunction to my ascendant was exact to the degree and minute of arc including precession correction and also exact in declination. I was taught a very big lesson and my belief in Astrology greatly strengthened.

17. December 28, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Hi Richard – thank you for your comment. Gosh, Saturn really put you through the mill didn’t he! I’m very glad to hear you are recovering.

18. João Saraiva
    January 3, 2015 at 4:23 am

I was born with Saturn right into my ascendant degree.
    7 years later my parents finally divorce, 7 years later i lost my virginity hahahaahhaha 7 year cycle yay

19. January 3, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Lol João 😀 Sounds like you’re very in tune with that 7 year cycle.

20. Jacob
    January 21, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Saturn is flirting with my ascendant right now. It will likely make its residence in my first house during the fall. To intensify the situation, Saturn is also in my 1st house of my natal chart so my Saturn return is eminent. There will be only sextiles during its journey through first. So i look forward to see what this will bring.

21. January 22, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Hi Jacob, thanks for your comment. Sounds like Saturn will bring lots of opportunities for growth with those sextiles :-)

22. Sarah
    February 2, 2015 at 11:34 pm

Saturn is on my Ascendent. This is my second Saturn return. I am overwhelmed with feelings of sadness, and letting go, and feeling old and spent. This is completely different from my past year. And I’m a Sag, so this is not customary.

I pine so much to travel again, like I once did. I was traveling around the world steadily for a decade. But that stopped some years ago. Now I rarely get to travel at all. And it just weighs on me. Is it all over? It’s peculiar that I should feel this way. Never had it like this before. And in those years of travel, I’d lost the zing of enjoying it, because my travel partner’s feedback was so very critical of all the work I did to enable us to fill our sails and just go go go and land in so many outstanding places with limited dollars, no expense for tours and guides. Now I just hurt to be abroad again. Sometimes I want new places. Sometimes I just want to go back where my heart was touched the most. But something inside me says I will never be there again. I will never feel that way again. Just let it go. What good do I make of this, pining for losses that can never be? What’s the point of this experience?

23. February 3, 2015 at 11:52 am

Hi Sarah, I’m sorry to hear you are feeling so sad. Saturn can bring up many thoughts of the past sometimes as we reflect on who we were compared to who we are now. It will depend on your natal chart and other transits (some of what you expressed sounds quite Neptunian), but perhaps there is something here about putting you in touch with what you desire for yourself for the future. Saturn focuses on what is realistically possible so maybe there is some kind of compromise rather than all or nothing.

24. Fran
    February 7, 2015 at 11:25 pm

I have Jupiter in Sag at 14 degrees on the Ascendant. Sun in Cap in the 1st house.
    I am waiting for Saturn to hit Jupiter and the Asc. next year and am not looking forward to any more hardships. What do you think of the possibilities?

25. February 9, 2015 at 11:52 am

Hi Fran, Saturn conjunct Jupiter can feel restrictive OR it can be seen as a way to focus your attention on the most effective ways to expand your life. Saturn will cut off avenues of growth that could perhaps lead to energies being dissipated. Think of it like growing tomatoes where it’s best to pinch out certain shoots in order to get the plant to fruit. It stops growth being unwieldy. How it may manifest will be dependent on your chart as whole and what you are hoping to do in your life. If you would like to explore this further, I offer readings here

26. stephie
    March 4, 2015 at 6:20 pm

i am scorpio with sagittarius rising. i dnt understand whats happening in my life. unemployed loads of tensions………

27. March 4, 2015 at 11:43 pm

Hi Stephie, I’m sorry to hear things are difficult right now. Depending on where your ASC is, hopefully you can take advantage of some of the feel good vibes from Jupiter trine Uranus. It’s possible that you have some heavier weight transits going on right now that are manifesting more strongly such as Saturn for example. If you would like to explore this further, I offer readings here Either way, I hope things level out for you soon. Blessings

28. gingerbread
    March 20, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Saturn conjunction Ascendant in transit: My mother died. Even though I had a brother, I was left to take care of many details alone. My brother didn’t even ask what happened. Instead he attacked the probate lawyer, calling him incompetent and illegal. My husband also attacked me saying he needed money for a renovation which he had initiated without any consultation with me. In retrospect it made me realize in the hard way I was alone in this world.

29. March 20, 2015 at 8:52 pm

Hi Gingerbread – Oh I’m sorry to hear that. It sounds like it was an incredibly difficult time for you.

30. aa
    April 10, 2015 at 11:55 am

Thanks. The interpretation was indeed insightful. I have been feeling exactly similar as you have mentioned. I have saturn conjunct ascendant and moon in virgo and feel so heavy especially in head as ‘non working’ and jammed. It seems i worry a lot but find am not finding solution for myself;especially in love life. I have had first saturn transit as well. I enjoy my own company but this is so wrongly interpreted by the society.This, however, bothers me less now as i can’t help. Can you suggest some measure to feel better and have my head ‘working’? Feel tired, lost and depressed?
    Many thanks in anticipation and for the platform.

31. Kendall
    April 22, 2015 at 4:31 am

Saturn is currently moving back and forth over my ascendant. In truth, I was really fearing this transit. I have Saturn in the 1st house and saw this transit as a preview of the horrors to come from my Saturn returns.

I can’t comment on the Saturn returns (yet) but as of late, my Saturn conjunct Ascendant transit is probably one of the most positive times of my life. Sounds strange but I really truly feel compelled to “get my s**t together” and have the discipline now to act on it.

I have to say, I do believe that this transit requires that you’ve done the proper work prior to reap the rewards. But if you see negative patterns in your life and you eliminate or improve upon them before or during this transit, Saturn conjunct Ascendant really is powerful.

To give you an idea of what events were leading up to this transit:

For six months, I was working 12 – 15 hour days in my advertising job for a workaholic boss and an abusive manager on a frustrating, nightmare account. My boss refused to give me a raise. I didn’t have a social life. My one true friend who I could see in the evenings was battling an addiction. I was in an abusive relationship for 2 years with an alcoholic deadbeat whom I supported financially. I had a mental breakdown shortly after we broke up, ended up on much needed daily anti-anxiety medication and took a less stressful position at my company.

Sounds like hell, right? Well, yes.

But afterwards, is where it gets good.

Shortly after my breakdown, Saturn moved out of my 12th house and atop my ascendant.

At that point:

I broke up with my boyfriend. We later became good friends and started having a healthy relationship with proper boundaries.
    I got a huge raise at my job and started working on an account with a new boss that I ended up loving.
    My hours at my job decreased back to 40 a week so I could have a normal, balanced social life.
    I reconnected with my old friends.
    I chose to prune the negative toxic friends from my life. The drama in my life disappeared.
    I started combatting my loneliness with hobbies I used to enjoy.
    I decided to start an exercise plan, got in great shape and developed a disciplined diet and routine.
    I started seeing a therapist weekly.
    I took my medication daily.
    My mental health significantly improved.

I could go on. But the truth of the matter is, this transit is not to be feared. Yes, bad things happen sometimes. Yes, on occasion I feel a bit lonely. But this is the first time in my life I can honestly say that I’m happy being with myself, working on myself.

If you embrace Saturn (and this particular transit) you can actively find happiness and balance in your life.

Many thanks for this blog! Blessings xoxo

32. April 22, 2015 at 9:00 am

Hi Kendall – Wow, thank you so much for sharing your experience of this transit and highlighting the benefits! It’s fantastic that you’ve experienced such a positive shift by using the best of Saturn – and yourself 😀

33. Sriram Guptaa
    May 1, 2015 at 7:55 am

My Ascendant is Scorpio and Saturn is placed there. Presently Saturn is in Scorpio and passing over my natal Saturn second time. I am still waiting for the positive impact of this transit.
    Morever Jupiter is placed in my tenth house in Leo moonsign. Jupiter will also be transiting through Leo in July 2015.
    I shall be thankful if you can throw some light on the transit of Saturn over natal saturn in 1st house and Jupiter over natal Jupiter in 10th house.

34. May 1, 2015 at 8:40 pm

Hi Sriram – It really would depend on your chart, the natal aspects to Saturn and Jupiter and the full story. If you are interested in exploring this further, I offer readings here

35. Sriram Guptaa
    May 2, 2015 at 2:20 am

Thanks a lot for taking care of my comment. Born on 18.06.1957 Dehra Dun India 6.40 PM With Saturn in Scorpio in the Ascendant Moon in Aquarius in the 4th house Ketu in Aries in 6th house Mercury in Tauras in 7th house, Sun and Venus in Gemini in 8th house Mars in Cancer in 9th house Jupiter in Leo in 10th house and Rahu in Libra in the 11th house. Will you throw some light specifically on the transit on Saturn and Jupiter over natals. I shall be highly grateful and thankful to you for a line of reply.

36. Michael
    May 14, 2015 at 4:50 pm

I have my natal Sun at 15 degrees Gemini, a Sag ascendant at 13 degrees, and Saturn in Scorpio at 28 degrees – am currently going through my second Saturn return. Will also go through my Jupiter return in July.

A transit chart shows that I will have Saturn conjunct my ascendant several times next year.

Have to say that I can absolutely relate to the above post by Sarah. I’ve always loved traveling and spent many wonderful summers abroad. I haven’t been out of the country in eight years now and I’m pining to go, go, go but for various reasons can’t seem to do it. Overall, just feel like I’m stalled and stagnating.

Hope my Saturn conjunct ascendant experience is like Kendall’s, but we’ll see. I think it is all about preparing for it

Thanks for the interesting article and for the comments,

37. May 16, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Thanks for your comment Michael. Yes, Saturn can certainly makes things feel very much like constantly having the brakes on! I agree, it is a time of preparation. I hope you are able to take up your travels again when Saturn has moved along.

38. Marie Sievert
    June 2, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Hi !
    I’m an astrologer, practising since almost 25 years n still Saturn over the ascendant was the most God awful transit since I don’t know when !!!
    My mama died when Saturn was just a couple degrees away from my ascendant , it was an expected death n I was the one caring for her the last weeks since we all wanted her to make her transition at home. So as you see. Saturn in my 12th house really brought things to a definite end…..
    Just 3 months after this my husband at the time announced that he wanted more out of life , moved out n then moved back in again ; by this time I knew we would go our separate ways n sure enough , the day Saturn came to a perfect conjunction to my 4 degree scorpio ascendant we finally separated ; 2 weeks later I filed for divorce n on that day the transiting north node was conjunct my natal south node.
    I really felt that my life was over ; I , who never is sick !! got very severe pneumonia n was admitted in the hospital where the doctors tried 4 different antibiotics before hitting the right kind – it took me 6 months to make a full recovery.
    The year n a half Saturn took his time transiting my first house n ascendant was probably the biggest lesson in disguise ; I reconnected to my own creativity , wrote a pitch for a TV-show about astrology , got an interwiev n I’m currently negotiating with Sweden’s biggest network !! Not bad for a single mama with three kids ! And oh , I also met the move of my life (s) ; we have had many lives together n it’s still complicated but I trust in the universe’s plan for us.
    My Mama always tomd me ; ” Marie , you’ll have to learn patience ….” N boy , must I ever with this man , my life, kids n work but it’s good !!
    I feel sooo much more real now ( yeah , I know another gift from Saturn ) n I’ ve decided to take life more like a challenge to met my soul grow. This guy I told you about told me : ” you are the most fearless person I’ve ever met ” . I guess that can be pretty intimidating to a slow taurus ……. Scorpio rising can be pretty fierce n forceful at times ….
    Saturn is a GREAT teacher even if his answer is frequently no ….
    Accept it , mature n move on !!!

39. June 2, 2015 at 5:11 pm

Wow Marie – Thanks for sharing your experience and wisdom from this transit. Gosh Saturn really took you on a journey didn’t he but I’m so glad to hear how things have turned around for you. How fantastic about your astrology show too! Good luck with that!

40. malathy
    June 29, 2015 at 6:37 am

I have a Scorpio ascendant. A month and a half after Saturn entered my first house, my adopted dad died unexpectedly. I had been living in a foreign country four five years. It brought me back to the states for a short period of time and now i am back for several months to spend time with my mom. This is a very unusual move for me because I love where I live and what I do. During this time my meditation practice has improved and I am as a whole more disciplined in all my responsibilities. However, i have had a lot of difficulty with friends and have stepped away from some unhealthy relationships.My health wasn’t good or had been declining for some time because of nutritional deficiencies, which were only diagnosed a few months ago. Now my health is improving. My deficiencies had affected the health of my head and heart, nothing serious, but they were persistent problems for the last few years and i could find neither the cause nor a permanent solution. I had also recently gained a little weight and now i am exercising and improving my diet in general, both of which declined over the last five years. I have to say that It has been an extremely intense and painful time that has brought forth many wonderful inner changes and powerful insights about my character, both of which i am still digesting. I also have literally felt pushed in a direction that i had previously resisted.Surprisingly, now that i have been basically forced to face what i had been avoiding, things are actually going better than i could have ever imagined! And surprisingly I have been able to adapt to a change that would have previously shattered my world.Actually, now that i think about it, my world and life as i knew it, has been shattered. I do have to say that i am a little nervous about what more change may come during these next couple of years, especially since Saturn made a very dramatic entrance when it crossed into my first house! I am hoping that the most powerful, earthshaking shifts have already taken place- because it was hard! Thank you for your article. There were many things you said that were completely correct. It was very helpful, as were the comments that followed:)

41. July 4, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience Malathy. I am glad that you found the positives after a difficult journey.

42. Laura M
    July 8, 2015 at 7:33 pm

I have scorpio ascendent and right now Saturn is about to be right on top of my ascendant.
    The last 2-3 years of my life with Saturn in my 12th house have been horrific. I had to moved away from my family and friends for what it looked like an amazing graduate school opportunity. In the new place I was alone and couldn’t make any friends. It was just loneliness. On top of that I had to move a few times because I had horrible roommates. Sometimes moving did not work out well and I found myself living out of a bag. I also developed hypothyroidism which the doctors cannot fully explain. I feel tired and sad all the time.

Surprisingly, I met an amazing guy during this transit and I fell crazy in love! I thought he was the one for me. We survived my first Saturn conjunct ascendant and I thought that meant we would survive this hard time for me together.

However, once Saturn went retrograde and it entered the 12th house again (June 15) and is practically on top of my ASC he left me.
    I had a break down and I cannot imagine why he has to go away. Is it because it is the 12th house and this transit is about endings and not new beginnings? I thought that if we started something while Saturn was in the 12th house was because we deserved it and had worked hard for it.

Anyway, I do not understand why this is happening! I feel lost and alone! I can’t look towards the future even though Saturn will officially cross for the last time my ASC in Aug 22. Which is relatively soon but I just don’t see how things could get better.

I hope soon I can see what Saturn is trying to teach me and give me inner peace. I want to simply let go and accept the changes. But I cannot let go just yet and have terrible anxiety that doesn’t let me sleep. I feel like I am scare all the time.

43. July 9, 2015 at 10:53 am

Hi Laura – Thanks for sharing your experience of this transit. I’m sorry to hear it’s been so difficult for you. You said, you cant look to the future and you are feeling great anxiety – anxiety is fear of the future. Saturn is very much a planet of the present – it asks you to be in the here and now. The 12th house is old stuff – it stirs up things to be dealt with that have been pushed away so that in the future you will be strong from the inside out. For the time being, focus on one day at a time to release anxiety about what’s going to happen next. If you’d like to explore this further, I offer readings here

44. Mervenur
    August 13, 2015 at 7:05 pm

If I’m not wrong, On 12th September I will have this aspect that I am really excited!!
    30th of June, 1996
    What are your advices for me?
    thanks in advance :))

45. August 14, 2015 at 8:41 am

Hi Mervenur – Thanks for reading, if you would like to explore this aspect in your chart, I offer readings here

46. Kaitlyn
    August 24, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Sounds like I’m not the only Scorpio Rising experiencing difficulties here…

Last year was the most horrible in my life in every possible way. But on the day that Saturn moved to Sagittarius in December I met this incredible person who I dated until the day Saturn started its retrograde in March and he moved abroad. Amazing synchronity!

Now it’s been a gloomy summer Saturn sitting within a degree from my Ascendent. Bouts of depression, crying, stress, solitude… It feels like my emotions are all over the place. I am fondly reminiscing the liberating spring time and counting days until Saturn leaves Scorpio. It is absolutely the worst position for such a deep zodiac sign.

I knew this time period (3 years!) would be challenging but I never knew it would be this hard. And I’ve almost forgotten how it was before when life was still good…

47. August 24, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience Kaitlyn. I’m sorry to hear you are feeling so sad. Hopefully some of the emotional weight will start to lift when Saturn moves into Sagittarius properly.

48. marilyn
    September 18, 2015 at 5:31 pm

First time when Saturn hit my ascendant I was 10 and the crazy thing is that I remember it as one of the best years in my life! I ‘only’ broke my middle finger and had a knee problem that year which limited me in my favorite sport at the time. But had a lot of fun with in other areas of life (maybe because at the time jupiter hit all my pisces planets). My grandpa died, which was sad, but acceptable to me since I was way closer to my other grandpa and happy he was still there! So a part from some trouble a great year! I also fell in love for the first time :-).

Now I am 39 and saturn is approaching again (10degr saggitarius) and I am curious how to experience it this time. Hope just like the first time without drama’s, but I will be cautious with too much or risky sports, stairs etc 😉 and will have to visit the dentist soon because I already seem to feel my teeth reacting to it’s approach! The best dog I ever owed will die because he is already in his bonus time. I (and my sons) will miss him but I am also happy I have (had) him so long in my life! Hope important people to me stay alive!
    I have saturn in 8 in my natal. Square jupiter, triangle sun.
    Funny thing is I seem to have way more trouble with saturn in 12…..first cycle and now again, I tend to find that lonely heavy periods. Does that happen more often?

49. Sparkle
    September 26, 2015 at 10:59 pm

Hi Leah!
    Transit Saturn is currently conjunct my ascendent. I am 2 degrees sag rising. Saturn already entered into my 1st house from Jan – may 2015 and then retrograded back into the 12th. I have excellent health but feel more tired lately. The energy around me also feels so much heavier which is to be expected. I have always loved change being sag rising and sag moon and I’ve been very disappointed this transit is not bringing change into my life! I’ve been in the same dead end job for almost 7 years and have been bullied beyond belief by co workers. I have tried many times to leave without any success. I also am in a bad living situation and have wanted to move for the past year with no success lol. The eclipses over the past year have been in my 10th and 4th houses and still NO CHANGE!!! The only changes I have experienced in the recent past has been important relationships that have been ripped out of my life (transit Saturn thru the 12th) and so I have found myself standing alone all the time. I was actually looking forward to Saturn going thru my 1st house because I thought it would be bringing change into my life because that is what I want! (i.e. New job, new residence, new relationships) Now I started to think otherwise. Is Saturn going thru the 1st not to bring about out word change into somebody’s life? I have already grown immensely within in regards to my inner strength but my outer world just continues to be the same which makes things so depressing! Do you have any advise? Thank you ~

50. September 27, 2015 at 8:43 am

Hi Sparkle, sorry to hear things are difficult for you. Saturn transits can take their time to unfold and benefits are often delayed (or feel like they are). The inner changes will eventually manifest as outer changes. If you would like to explore this further, I offer readings here

51. Eli
    October 1, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Hi Leah

Saturn is in my Natal Chart in the 3rd House Aries. I am a Sagittarius Ascendent. This last Moon in Aries was tough, I lost 4 teeth and have an infection in both arms. As far as I understand Saturn also moves through my 12 th House. How long is this lasting ? My divorce is about to be final in November. Really hope that the worst will be over……Happy for any comments :-)

52. October 2, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Hi Eli
    Sorry to hear you have been so poorly! How long the transit over your Ascendant lasts will depend on the degree of your Ascendant. Sometimes Saturn will hit that point once, sometimes three times. You can cast your chart for free at to see the chart and also the transits around it to see where Saturn is now.

53. Eli
    October 6, 2015 at 9:02 am

It is at 27 degree direct. When i Look for myself i am blind in astrology ..